Apply for this position here: www.cogrammar.com/apply
CoGrammar is recognised as one of the top edtech startups in Europe, Middle East, and Africa. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating human mentorship and expert code review into the world's leading tech education brands. CoGrammar has also built and scaled its own coding education product - HyperionDev - which supports learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. HyperionDev rebranded to CoGrammar in 2018.
In 2016 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, gaining financial backing from both Facebook and Google. We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge by Computer Science graduates and our senior leadership comprises of world-leading talent out of places such as Google, Amazon and Groupon.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We at CoGrammar run the most selective program in the world for identifying, training and employing high-potential individuals for the unique career path of being a full-time code review expert.
Our code review experts, called CoGrammars, are essentially software development experts with a niche skill-set that is at the intersection of technical coding skills and mentorship abilities.
CoGrammars work with leading coding education providers to provide expert code review and mentorship to students learning how to code. This includes feedback on code quality, structure, efficiency, and conformity to conventions - a much deeper level of review than simply marking the submitted code as 'right' or 'wrong'. CoGrammars also provide specialist feedback to tech teams and junior developers to help them write quality code and fast-track their success.
CoGrammars progress along a structured growth pathway to become specialist code reviewers or coding educators. They receive continuous professional development and coaching to help them specialise in particular software development tracks over time. They also receive opportunities to work with elite partners from around the world on the newest technology stacks, ensuring that they can learn from and work alongside the best in global tech.
Apply for this position on www.cogrammar.com/apply.
As a CoGrammar, you not only fill out one of the most key roles in our organisation, you define what we are.
In this role, you will be leading the delivery of online code review and coding education (with HyperionDev or any of our global partners) impacting thousands of students from around the world. You will support our learners by helping solve their queries, guiding them on their course content and coding projects, and giving quality feedback on students’ code on a daily basis. You will be part of a team building the most affordable online code-learning experience to remove existing barriers to accessing coding education, and teaching these skills to people from diverse nations, cultures and backgrounds.
As a CoGrammar, a typical day would include some or all of the following:
- Reviewing code submitted by students and providing them comprehensive feedback in line with our specialist code review process;
- Training on advanced level curriculum or a new technology stack working with one of our partners;
- Providing rapid and high quality mentorship support to students via live chat, email, online tutorial sessions, and online 1:1 support calls;
- Overseeing the progress, performance, and journey of your students on a monthly basis through one of our online coding bootcamp tracks (Web, Mobile, or Software Engineering);
- Identifying and implementing new strategies for improving student completion rates and retention;
- Reviewing and updating course content and teaching methods;
- Assisting the Education Lead in new strategies for improving the pedagogical processes of our online coding bootcamps to improve student completion rates and retention; and
- Trading notes (and memes) on all things tech in our Slack group.
MORE ABOUT COGRAMMAR
CoGrammar is recognised as one of the top education technology startups in Europe, Middle East, and Africa. Founded by ex- Googlers and graduates of the University of Cambridge, CoGrammar was funded by Facebook and Google in 2017 - winning first prize in Facebook's Africa Innovation Challenge Award. CoGrammar works directly with Facebook's senior leadership - right up to Mark Zuckerberg himself - and through its headquarters in London is recognised as a leading edtech startup in the UK.
CoGrammar was founded with an ambition to scale human-led education in programming. We believe that machines can't match humans, and learning to code is best achieved by having a coding educator review your code on a day-by-day basis.
CoGrammar has built an online course platform that allows human code review to be scaled, applying this methodology to help thousands of students from over 40 countries learn how to code in a novel way.
We're proud to power this model using the top technical talent from Africa, and to work with the world's leading tech firms to deliver the highest quality educational content in software development.
We're a people-first company with a purpose that underlines everything we do. We're obsessed with the potential in people and challenge them to do their best work. We embrace a culture of growth and learning to deliver on our vision and ours is a relentless quest for improvement.
At CoGrammar we believe in the following:
- “It always seems impossible until it is done”, “Don’t tell me how it can’t be done, tell me how it can be done.” - solutions over problems.
- “There is no passion to be found playing small” - think big, think scaleable, think international, and think x10 impact
- “African ideas make the future clear” - great ideas can come out of Africa, don’t believe you need to be in Silicon Valley
- “A bias for action” - execution over complacency
- “Eat your own food” - use the products you build, and be critical.
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” - we continuously improve with data from our users, clients and partners.