Head of Product Marketing
We are looking for team members to join a company that is already recognised as one of the top education technology startups in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the top edtech startup on the African continent, funded by Facebook and Google. CoGrammar is currently included by Facebook and is headquartered at the Facebook European headquarters in London.
CoGrammar is seeking a data-driven, customer-focused Head of Product Marketing to lead its user acquisition efforts. The person in this role ensure that every CoGrammar student and client is properly identified and thoughtfully engaged into the customer lifecycle. We are looking for an individual with a passion for leveraging data insights into campaigns, communications, and programs that will add substantial value to the CoGrammar client experience.
The role requires a passion for results, a commitment to action-oriented analysis, an attitude that anything is possible, and a relentless focus on the customer. The right candidate will also thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven, enthusiastic, collaborative and not afraid to take risks.
Our team is comprised of top talent who joined CoGrammar out of world-leading tech companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter, 2U, and Yoco and our leadership team have scaled products to hundreds of thousands of users. We are looking for team members who are competitive, ambitious, and have track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
- Gain in-depth understanding of the CoGrammars customer’s consumer attitudes and behaviors
- Develop customer personas and build out customer analytics
- Manage a growing Acquisition Team who are driving online and offline acquisition
- Design, manage and implement a digital subscriber acquisition marketing strategy to ensure that objectives are met to maximum efficiency
- Deliver omni-channel, acquisition driving initiatives and campaigns across various channels
- Be very tactical and run all operational and project management components of user acquisition
- Own, drive, and report on key metrics related to acquisition, channel performance and channel growth
- Develop recommendations to reach new students through desktop and mobile campaigns, including creative and messaging strategy
- Manage creative, ad, and landing page testing schedule to drive improved campaign results
- Work with sales, development and product teams to ensure user experience is as friction-less as possible, and make recommendations to improve conversion rates at each step of the user flow
- Innovate meaningful acquisition tests and funnel improvements
- Manage large budgets, analyse and develop campaigns, supervise all acquisition media buying
- Effectively manage deliverables, report campaign performance, communicate expectations with team and stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal teams to align product offerings with customer priorities
- 3+ years of professional experience in marketing with a strong record of accomplishment in brand messaging, direct response and consumer acquisition
- Experience leading a team of direct reports spanning all areas of product, marketing, and sales.
- Track record of developing and optimizing large-scale B2C campaigns, with deep knowledge of digital channels
- Experience managing large cross-functional projects
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics tools
- Understanding of paid advertising platforms, paid search, mobile media, affiliate marketing, display media, and sponsored content campaigns
- Expertise in e-commerce operations and digital business strategy
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills including a strong understanding of online marketing metrics
- Action-oriented with a “roll up your sleeves approach”
- Strong strategy and analytics skills, with an advanced understanding of success metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, plus ability to clearly articulate and express complex and sometimes technical ideas to a wide variety of people and groups at any level
- Enthusiastic, passionate, and creative; thrives on thinking outside of the box
- 2+ years of experience in edtech
- Basic Photoshop and HTML knowledge a plus
Learn more about careers at CoGrammar here: https://www.cogrammar.com/pages/jobs.html
CoGrammar is recognised as one of the top education technology startups in Europe, Middle East, and Africa. Founded by ex Googlers and graduates of the University of Cambridge, Hyperion was funded by Facebook and Google in 2017, winning first prize in Facebook's Africa Innovation Challenge Award. CoGrammar works directly with Facebook's senior leadership - right up to Mark Zuckerberg himself - and through its headquarters in London is recognised as a leading EdTech startup in the UK.
CoGrammar was founded with an ambition to scale human-led education in programming. We believe that machines can't match humans, and learning to code is best achieved by having a coding educator review your code on a day-by-day basis.
CoGrammar has built an online course platform that allows human code review to be scaled, applying this methodology to help thousands of students from over 30 countries learn how to code in a novel way.
We're proud to power this model using the top technical talent from Africa, and to work with the worlds leading tech firms to deliver the highest quality educational content in software development.
You'll join CoGrammar at a time when it is has just closed one of the largest seed EdTech fundraises outside of the USA, fuelling massive growth and new partnerships with the likes of Facebook and Google.
At CoGrammar we believe in the following:
- “It always seems impossible until it is done”, “Don’t tell me how it can’t be done, tell me how it can be done.” - solutions over problems.
- “It’s best to do one thing really, really well.” - we focus on affordable and effective online coding bootcamp education
- “There is no passion to be found playing small” - think big, think scaleable, think international, and think x10 impact
- “African ideas make the future clear” - great ideas can come out of Africa, don’t believe you need to be in Silicon Valley
- “A bias for action” - execution over complacency
- “Eat your own food” - use the products you build, and be critical.
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” - we continuously improve with data from our users, students, clients and partners
BENEFITS & PERKS