Product Marketing Manager
The Product Marketing Manager role at CoGrammar exists to maximise the revenue and profitability from our product portfolio. S/he will oversee the creation and application of the marketing strategy for the product verticals, including marketing investment and revenue strategy, execution of digital marketing strategy, sales collaboration, client retention, and re-engagement. The role will initially focus on leading the product marketing strategy of the product portfolio encompassed by HyperionDev - one of the largest online coding bootcamps in the world, powered by CoGrammar.
The Product Marketing Manager helps to bring our product from concept to commercialisation through cross functional team collaboration, and thus must demonstrate the ability to work well with others.The Marketing Lead will also need to understand CoGrammar’s and HyperionDev’s customers, their needs, their interests, use cases, price sensitivity and the competitive space in which they make purchasing decisions.
We are looking for team members to join a company that is already recognised as one of the top education technology startups in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the top edtech startup on the African continent, funded by Facebook and Google. CoGrammar is currently included by Facebook and is headquartered at the Facebook European headquarters in London.
Our team is comprised of top talent who joined CoGrammar out of world-leading tech companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter, 2U, and Yoco and our leadership team have scaled products to hundreds of thousands of users. We are looking for team members who are competitive, ambitious, and have track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
- Responsible for achieving targets for marketing spend, revenue and profitability for a portfolio.
- Construct marketing strategies and tactics to increase and capitalise on the demand for online tech education and/or Code Review as a Service in the product portfolio
- Dictate the marketing mix, including digital and traditional channels, and campaigns to be executed on by the strategy and media teams
- Manage the marketing budget for the portfolio, to ensure maximum revenue at an acceptable cost per acquisition.
- Achieve targets for marketing spend, revenue and profitability for a product portfolio
- Manage the pricing, discount and payment plans of courses in portfolio
- Manage the launch of new products
- Ensure portfolio is performing against expectations, and request overhauls on products that are not meeting client needs
- Direct the testing strategy of creative assets, including ad images, copy and landing pages.
- Work with the cross functional CoGrammar teams to deliver outstanding results and extreme growth
- At least 2 years of experience in directly managing marketing strategy, brand strategy or a related function.
- Experience in leading and hiring for a cross-functional product, digital marketing, or engineering team.
- A specialism in one of the following. Having experience in more than one is beneficial but not required.
- Paid media acquisition - At least 2 years of direct experience managing paid media campaigns in Adwords and Facebook.
- Product marketing - At least 2 years of direct experience designing digital marketing campaigns including push messaging and creative campaigns at scale.
- Product management - At least 2 years of direct experience planning, designing,and executing on technical web and/or mobile implementations working with front-end and back-end engineers. Understanding of A/B testing, funnel optimisation, retention techniques, and user studies.
- Copywriting and SEO - At least 2 years of direct experience designing and implementing content and SEO campaigns and strategies working with and/or leading a team of content/copywriters.
- Design and brand - At least 2 years of direct experience designing and implementing the creative strategy for a consumer-facing brand, working with and/or leading a team of brand strategists and designers.
- Excellent quantitative skills and proven ability to drive strategies rooted in practical analyses
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Excels in a fast-paced, high-pressure, ambitious environment.
- Ambitious to the extreme - only apply if you want this job to be a defining period of you career, helping drive the engine of growth of an extremely rapidly growing startup.
- 3+ years experience in Product Marketing and Product Marketing
- 1+ years of technical programming experience
- Computer Science degree or similar
- 1+ years of experience in edtech
- Experience leading teams with 4-6 direct reports spanning all areas of product, marketing, and sales.
Learn more about careers at CoGrammar here: https://www.cogrammar.com/pages/jobs.html
CoGrammar is recognised as one of the top education technology startups in Europe, Middle East, and Africa. Founded by ex Googlers and graduates of the University of Cambridge, Hyperion was funded by Facebook and Google in 2017, winning first prize in Facebook's Africa Innovation Challenge Award. CoGrammar works directly with Facebook's senior leadership - right up to Mark Zuckerberg himself - and through its headquarters in London is recognised as a leading EdTech startup in the UK.
CoGrammar was founded with an ambition to scale human-led education in programming. We believe that machines can't match humans, and learning to code is best achieved by having a coding educator review your code on a day-by-day basis.
CoGrammar has built an online course platform that allows human code review to be scaled, applying this methodology to help thousands of students from over 30 countries learn how to code in a novel way.
We're proud to power this model using the top technical talent from Africa, and to work with the worlds leading tech firms to deliver the highest quality educational content in software development.
You'll join CoGrammar at a time when it is has just closed one of the largest seed EdTech fundraises outside of the USA, fuelling massive growth and new partnerships with the likes of Facebook and Google.
At CoGrammar we believe in the following:
- “It always seems impossible until it is done”, “Don’t tell me how it can’t be done, tell me how it can be done.” - solutions over problems.
- “It’s best to do one thing really, really well.” - we focus on affordable and effective online coding bootcamp education
- “There is no passion to be found playing small” - think big, think scaleable, think international, and think x10 impact
- “African ideas make the future clear” - great ideas can come out of Africa, don’t believe you need to be in Silicon Valley
- “A bias for action” - execution over complacency
- “Eat your own food” - use the products you build, and be critical.
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” - we continuously improve with data from our users, students, clients and partners
BENEFITS & PERKS