Junior Account Manager
CoGrammar is looking to hire a Junior Account Manager for our B2B sales division. The role will cover managing various relationships with prospective sales leads, generation of sales contact details, advising and implementing sales reach out strategy via email, social, and phone.
You must be driven to prove the world wrong and have a belief that our online courses will change the lives of those that participate for the better and make a lasting impact on the African and international edtech ecosystem. Join us at a time when we are reinventing online education.
An ideal candidate for this role will have persuasive communication skills, be exceptionally organised, be persistent with respect to sourcing leads, qualification of leads, be highly proficient in seeking and securing contact details for leads. The nature of the role will also require you to remain open-minded and be able to adjust quickly based on the acquisition of new information.You will need to have reliable access to a secure internet connection, be a self starter, be able to work without supervision, accept responsibility for your own actions and have positive/upbeat attitude.
You will join a company that is already recognised as one of the top education technology startups in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Our team consists of ex Google and Amazon employees who have scaled products to hundreds of thousands of users. We are looking for team members who are competitive, ambitious, and have track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
This role is based in Cape Town, reporting to and working side-by-side with the senior management of the business.
- Generating leads for prospective B2B clients
- Securing and verification lead contact information
- Managing communications with leads and following up with prospective leads.
- Advising on and refening sales prospecting methods
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES IS:
- Resilient and adaptable with a proven track record of personal and academic achievements
- Results oriented amidst challenging deadlines; fast worker but organised and meticulous
- Proficient in financial and investment concepts, with the ability to draw conclusions from financial data
- Creative problem solver with excellent communication skills
- Interested in technology, startups and entrepreneurship
- Familiar with start-up mentality: has an understanding of technology and its impact on society
- Interested in the future of education and online learning
- Able to commit to the internship for at least 8 weeks
- Relevant Degree/Diploma (completed or in progress) in business studies, management, statistics, accounting or economics .
- At least 1 year experience in B2B sales and account management
- Excellent communication skills and networking skills
- Excellent English writing ability
- Fast learner, meticulous attention to detail.
- A positive attitude
Learn more about careers at CoGrammar here: https://www.cogrammar.com/pages/jobs.html
CoGrammar is recognised as one of the top education technology startups in Europe, Middle East, and Africa. Founded by ex Googlers and graduates of the University of Cambridge, Hyperion was funded by Facebook and Google in 2017, winning first prize in Facebook's Africa Innovation Challenge Award. CoGrammar works directly with Facebook's senior leadership - right up to Mark Zuckerberg himself - and through its headquarters in London is recognised as a leading EdTech startup in the UK.
CoGrammar was founded with an ambition to scale human-led education in programming. We believe that machines can't match humans, and learning to code is best achieved by having a coding educator review your code on a day-by-day basis.
CoGrammar has built an online course platform that allows human code review to be scaled, applying this methodology to help thousands of students from over 30 countries learn how to code in a novel way.
We're proud to power this model using the top technical talent from Africa, and to work with the worlds leading tech firms to deliver the highest quality educational content in software development.
You'll join CoGrammar at a time when it is has just closed one of the largest seed EdTech fundraises outside of the USA, fuelling massive growth and new partnerships with the likes of Facebook and Google.
At CoGrammar we believe in the following:
- “It always seems impossible until it is done”, “Don’t tell me how it can’t be done, tell me how it can be done.” - solutions over problems.
- “It’s best to do one thing really, really well.” - we focus on affordable and effective online coding bootcamp education
- “There is no passion to be found playing small” - think big, think scaleable, think international, and think x10 impact
- “African ideas make the future clear” - great ideas can come out of Africa, don’t believe you need to be in Silicon Valley
- “A bias for action” - execution over complacency
- “Eat your own food” - use the products you build, and be critical.
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” - we continuously improve with data from our users, students, clients and partners
BENEFITS & PERKS