Head of Product
We are looking for team members to join a company that is already recognised as one of the top education technology startups in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the top edtech startup on the African continent, funded by Facebook and Google. CoGrammar is currently included by Facebook and is headquartered at the Facebook European headquarters in London.
The Head of Product is responsible for the effective positioning of CoGrammar and the Hyperion Development products in the minds of target consumers. The Head of Product must ensure our brands and products are differentiated in the market, and relevant to the target audience, and manage all consumer facing communications. He/She needs to ensure that the reputation of CoGrammar is upheld in our marketing efforts, and that our brand guidelines are adhered to.
Our team is comprised of top talent who joined CoGrammar out of world-leading tech companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter, 2U, and Yoco and our leadership team have scaled products to hundreds of thousands of users. We are looking for team members who are competitive, ambitious, and have track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
- Creation of a brand strategy that can effectively communicate our brand promise to potential and past students, and that can shape the brand and communications strategy of CoGrammar.
- Develop brand standards and usage guidelines for both CoGrammar and the Hyperion Development Bootcamps, and ensure all elements of the company understand the brand and its goals.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the entire brand experience works to build brand equity and reinforces brand positioning and brand promises.
- Identification of key target audience segments for CoGrammar products, and position products effectively with these consumers
- Manage planning within marketing, ensuring projects, campaigns and course launches are allocated adequate resources and budget.
- Manage the onboarding of new partners, and manage the relationship with key stakeholders, to build trust that enables us to run campaigns effectively.
- Project manage the launch of new bootcamps, in parallel with the new bootcamp development. Ensure that bootcamps are launched on time, to maximise the marketing campaign period.
- Oversee the production of marketing collateral and liaise with various internal and external teams during production of collateral.
- Oversee advertising and marketing activities to ensure the right message is delivered relevant to the product or brand represented
- Manage the marketing consumer database , (prospects and alumni) and to increase conversions and the repeat rate of past students.
- Create content strategies that increase our contribution from organic sources, and identify key content assets that will rank on search engines
- Assume full responsibility for the management of the brand budget including Profit and Loss and reporting requirements as per business objectives.
- 3+ years experience in brand marketing
- An in-depth knowledge of digital marketing, especially SEO
- Comfortable with metrics, analysis and reporting
- Excellent quantitative skills and proven ability to drive strategies rooted in practical analyses
- Enthusiastic, passionate, and creative; thrives on thinking outside of the box
- 2+ years of experience in edtech
- Able to communicate effectively to stakeholders, particularly any B2B partners
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Excels in a fast-paced, high-pressure, ambitious environment.
- Ambitious to the extreme - only apply if you want this job to be a defining period of you career, helping drive the engine of growth of an extremely rapidly growing startup
Learn more about careers at CoGrammar here: https://www.cogrammar.com/pages/jobs.html
CoGrammar is recognised as one of the top education technology startups in Europe, Middle East, and Africa. Founded by ex Googlers and graduates of the University of Cambridge, Hyperion was funded by Facebook and Google in 2017, winning first prize in Facebook's Africa Innovation Challenge Award. CoGrammar works directly with Facebook's senior leadership - right up to Mark Zuckerberg himself - and through its headquarters in London is recognised as a leading EdTech startup in the UK.
CoGrammar was founded with an ambition to scale human-led education in programming. We believe that machines can't match humans, and learning to code is best achieved by having a coding educator review your code on a day-by-day basis.
CoGrammar has built an online course platform that allows human code review to be scaled, applying this methodology to help thousands of students from over 30 countries learn how to code in a novel way.
We're proud to power this model using the top technical talent from Africa, and to work with the worlds leading tech firms to deliver the highest quality educational content in software development.
You'll join CoGrammar at a time when it is has just closed one of the largest seed EdTech fundraises outside of the USA, fuelling massive growth and new partnerships with the likes of Facebook and Google.
At CoGrammar we believe in the following:
- “It always seems impossible until it is done”, “Don’t tell me how it can’t be done, tell me how it can be done.” - solutions over problems.
- “It’s best to do one thing really, really well.” - we focus on affordable and effective online coding bootcamp education
- “There is no passion to be found playing small” - think big, think scaleable, think international, and think x10 impact
- “African ideas make the future clear” - great ideas can come out of Africa, don’t believe you need to be in Silicon Valley
- “A bias for action” - execution over complacency
- “Eat your own food” - use the products you build, and be critical.
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” - we continuously improve with data from our users, students, clients and partners
BENEFITS & PERKS